
Expert warns American supercarrier deployed to the Persian Gulf could be vulnerable to a swarm attack of Iranian suicide drones, as Tehran threatens attack on USS Abraham Lincoln.
By World Israel News Staff
The Iranian government threatened over the weekend to sink an American nuclear-powered aircraft carrier deployed to the Middle East in response to Iran’s mass killings of protesters.
Iran’s Islamic Ideology Dissemination Organization published a video featuring AI-generated images of an American supercarrier under attack by Iranian forces.
The video details how a concerted attack on a carrier could overwhelm its impressive defensive systems, including the Phalanx close-in weapon system – a high-powered ship-mounted Gatling gun able to destroy incoming aircraft and missiles.
In the nearly two-minute-long video, the Iranian IDO claims that a volley of Iran’s Fattah ballistic missiles could overcome a carrier’s defenses, with a direct hit capable of destroying the ship.
The propaganda video closes with AI footage of an American carrier split in half by a ballistic missile before sinking.
Iran released the video shortly before the USS Abraham Lincoln and its battle group arrived in the region Sunday night.
The Nimitz-class supercarrier, supported by three destroyers, was ordered to leave the Pacific last week, as part of the US military’s broader buildup of forces in the Middle East.
While the multi-billion-dollar, 116,000-ton supercarrier has extensive defenses, including nine fixed-wing aircraft and helicopter squadrons, along with its support group, some experts say it could be vulnerable to a mass attack by Iranian missiles or drones.
Cameron Chell, CEO of Draganfly, told Fox News that small drone aircraft could swarm a large vessel like the USS Lincoln and thus posed a “credible threat.”
“If hundreds are launched in a short period of time, some are almost certain to get through,” Chell said.
The post Iran threatens to sink US nuclear carrier as it reaches Mideast appeared first on World Israel News.