Donald Trump

President Donald Trump reportedly gave his backing last week for Israel to launch a new ground operation in southern Lebanon, after Hezbollah terrorists fired rockets and launched drones at northern Israel.

By World Israel News Staff

President Donald Trump gave Israel his blessing for a new ground operation in southern Lebanon, Israel Hayom reported on Thursday morning.

Last week, IDF forces pushed into southern Lebanon along several fronts, marking the first new incursion into the country since the signing of the November 2024 ceasefire deal.

The ground offensive was launched following a wave of attacks by Hezbollah terrorists on towns in northern Israel using rockets and suicide drones.

According to the Israel Hayom report, which did not list its sources, Trump gave a green light to the Israeli operation last week.

Yesterday, Trump told reporters that Hezbollah must be removed from Lebanon, accusing the terror group of bringing “disaster” upon the country.

“We’re working on it very hard. We love Lebanon, we love the Lebanese people,” Trump said. “We have to get rid of Hezbollah. It has brought disaster for many years.”

Even before the outbreak of the war with Iran, the ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah was tenuous at best.

The IDF accused Hezbollah of regularly violating the deal, leading to targeted strikes on Hezbollah positions in southern Lebanon.

Under the terms of the November 2024 truce agreement, Hezbollah was required to disarm all of its forces in Lebanon, and to return control over all territory south of the Litani River to the Lebanese military.

The Trump administration prodded Beirut to draft a firm timetable for disarming Hezbollah and asserting sovereignty over southern Lebanon, warning that failure to uphold Lebanon’s obligations under the 2024 agreement could lead to a renewal of the conflict with Israel.

Last year, the White House gave Lebanon a December 31 deadline for demilitarizing southern Lebanon and disarming Hezbollah.

The Iranian-backed Shi’ite group refused to comply with the disarmament orders, vowing to resist US-backed efforts to enforce the November 2024 agreement.

The post Report: Trump approved Israeli ground operation in Lebanon appeared first on World Israel News.

Leave A Comment